Monday, July 10, 2006

The Seven Things Project Community

I'm really pleased with the enthusiastic response to this idea! I've never done anything like this before, and I realize now that a more organized approach would've been to get the word out before July 7th and then get people all signed up, in the blog ring, linked, and so forth. But I didn't know until July 7th that I was actually going to go through with this, and I knew then if I tried to wait to get organized, well, it would go the way of all my previous decluttering attempts (i.e., nowhere). It's one of the things that stands in the way for me - waiting till I can get organized and ready.

At any rate, I am trying to get things organized now. For those people who have left comments saying they want to be part of the project community, I've added your blog links to the sidebar. I didn't have blog addys for everyone, so if you want to be a part and are not in the sidebar, please leave a comment on this post and I will make sure to add you. You do not have to have a blog to participate in the community project. You can always just leave comments here, letting the rest of us know of your progress. For MotheringDotCommune forum members, there is a thread in the Decluttering, Organizing, & Simplifying subforum of the Mindful Home Management forum. For Knitting Help forum members, there is an OT thread in the General Knitting forum. And if you are part of another forum somewhere, please feel free to start your own check-in thread there.

I have started a blog ring for anyone interested in that. You don't have to be a part of the ring in order to be a part of the project. It's just a fun way to surf around and see what other folks are doing. Click on the ring link to the right to get directions and the code. We'll have a button soon that you can add to your blog.

There are no rules. You can read my personal guidelines for ideas and suggestions, but it's not like I'm going to delink you if you don't get rid of 7 things a week. That's not the kinda gal I am. I do think it will be a lot of fun to see pics of each other's adventures in decluttering, as well as reading reflections about letting go. I think we can help each other by sharing our own experiments and journeys. On a practical level, we can offer each other suggestions of environmentally-friendly ways to get rid of stuff. On an emotional level, I think sharing our own struggles can really benefit all of us in our quest for a simpler kind of life. And on a fun level, won't it be a hoot to see that we're not the only ones who have moved the same box of old love letters to six homes in 12 years? (oh, wait, was that just me?)

Thanks for all the interest and enthusiasm!

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Stacey...I'm in! Would you like me to make a button?? ;)

http://heyjulie7.blogspot.com/

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll join up!

www.summerlouise.com/seventhings.html

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds so great, I would love to be in!

http://merwenna.typepad.com

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home