Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Saturday Seven - #3

I mean to be making more entries than just my Saturday Seven. I managed one other post this week, but that was it. Things are a little hectic here lately, what with celebrating births and birthdays. Also, we are trying to get ready to go out of town, and that always means total chaos for us.

Still, I got rid of some stuff.


More books. Small potatoes, but trust me when I say I was doing really well just to get these gone. I dropped them off at the AAUW book sale again. These were part of a batch of books I tried to sell to a used books store last spring, to no avail.

If.... (Questions for the Game of Love). A fun little question book given to me by a friend 10 years ago. I haven't looked at it in many years.
Reclaiming Our Health by John Robbins. One of the many alternative healthcare books I have bought over the years. I haven't looked at in at least five years.
Total Wellness by Joseph Pizzorno. Ditto the above.
The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell. I can't help it. I love these kinds of thrillers. I really, really shouldn't buy this kind of stuff in hardcover, but I can't seem to make myself wait for it to come in paperback, and I can't bear to be on a super-long library waiting list. Am trying to learn patience.
Easy Prey by John Sandford. Ditto the above.
Ashes to Ashes by Tami Hoag. Ditto the above.

My Old Man remains astonished at my interest in this kind of fiction.

You will see in the picture another book, the Mayo Clinic Complete Book of Pregnancy and Baby's First Year. I accidentally left it out of the bag after I took this picture, so unfortunately it is still here.

A gift bag from a spa party. It includes lotion, product samples, and tea samples. I don't need a single thing in this bag. I gave it to a friend who has a lotion addiction.

This is a pair of sandals from Earth Shoes, bought on my quest to find the perfect all-purpose shoe. I just bought these recently but returned them to the store when I realized I didn't like the way they looked with anything I own. I'm including these, even though it was a return rather than a giving away/selling/etc., because it's a big deal for me to actually get rid of something this way. I can't count the number of times I have ended up having to keep something I didn't need/want because I didn't return it in time or I lost the receipt.

Number of things out of my life this week: 8.
Total number so far: 25.

What about the rest of you?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

My old man remains astonished by continual love of trashy romances. Actually ... I remained astonished by it too.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home