Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Saturday Seven - #7

The slacker edition

So this whole thing is ending up being harder than I thought. The weekly deadline thing is the kicker (yes, as a pastor I feel the same way when sermon time rolls around). 7 things a week doesn't sound like so much, especially in light of all the stuff I have that really needs to be gotten out of my life. But I don't make it easy on myself. Each thing is so hard to let go of. Especially when I've been so busy with other things, like vacation.

So it was late this afternoon, 30 minutes before a real Saturday night date with my husband, when I finally scrambled around the house to find 7 things I could part with. I focused on clothes. I probably have 70 things I should get rid of (there are things in my basement I've been hanging onto for nearly 20 years), but I just set my little goal of 7 and went to it. In short order I made a tidy little pile to give to the church rummage sale. None of it is photo-worthy, so no pics this time. Just a list:
3 pairs of jeans, 2 of which were passed on to me by our sweet petite niece. They never ever fit me, but they are very fashionable (she works at Banana Republic and has excellent taste), so someone will really get a bargain
4 t-shirts, including an old favorite that I used to practically live in (navy, v-neck, American Eagle)

Boring. But hey, it's stuff. And I'm getting rid of it.

It's ready to go but not actually given yet because I'm not going back to work till Tuesday and won't be making a special trip just to drop this stuff off. So again I won't be adding this total to my sidebar till the things are out of my life.

Phew! Posted with an hour to spare. Anyone else just sqeaking by this week?

p.s. to people who have joined the ring in the last few weeks - I'll get you linked in the sidebar soon, I promise.

1 Comments:

Blogger earthchick said...

Oops! Thanks - changed it. :)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home