Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Saturday Seven - #12


More selling on eBay this week, which makes me feel a good sense of accomplishment. I sold this Ella Roo Wraparound Baby Cover that I never used. I had such great visions of being one of those slingin' mamas, carrying my babes around in a traditional wrap. Like many of my great hopes, the dream was dashed by the reality of twins and the general frazzlement that ensued. I was happy to be able to sell it for what felt like a good amount.

I also took a bag full of toys to church, to give to the church nursery. These were mostly really nice things - wooden pounding toys, wooden sorting toys, a jack-in-the-box, a couple of stuffed animals. All the wooden toys were things they just got for this past Christmas. But they were not playing with them much, and it was partly because there were so many small pieces that they always ended up scattered everywhere. The boys have the smallest room in the house, so I'm beginning to think that organizing their toys has to mean paring down to essentials. Well that and just putting up with the fact that some toy storage will just have to happen in the living room. It makes me sad to get rid of such nice stuff, but they will be able to play with these things at church, and now other kids can too.

12 weeks of getting rid of things by giving them away. It has been as difficult as I imagined it would be, and some weeks even more difficult. It takes so much emotional energy for me, not to mention logistical efforts that require a lot of energy as well (just getting something to the post office to mail to an eBayer is hard). I am frequently overwhelmed by thte amount of stuff I still need to deal with. I intend to persist though.

Things gone this week: 7.
Total things gone: 97.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

You are a wonderful inspiration and you just keep plugging away at it. So far it's been relatively easy for me. I;m not looking forward to getting into the more sentimental stuff either. Getting rid of clothes is always hard for me but I am determined to do it.
Keep up the great work!!!

7:32 PM  
Blogger AychJE said...

I'm inspired! I struggle with de-cluttering myself, but 7 things a week seems pretty manageable. Maybe I'll try it too!
Keep up the good work :-)

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home