Saturday, September 02, 2006

The Saturday Seven - #9

the little surprises edition


So I sold this sling.

Yep. Not only got my act together enough to list it (first at Mothering, where there was zero interest, then on eBay), but actually sold it. Someone chose the Buy It Now option and bought it for $40 plus shipping. (I paid $60 new, and used it about three times). I put it in the mail yesterday. I've been really sad to let it go, even though I never really used it....


It takes so much effort for me to mobilize to sell something that I did nothing else all week about getting rid of stuff. Figured I'd list some stuff for freecycle today. Then it dawned on me at about 8:30 last night - no one could pick anything up today because it's a game day (opening game, even!), and we live 5 blocks from the Michigan Stadium. So I listed some stuff and said we could do pick up on Sunday. Someone immediately responded (someone I've given stuff to before) and said she could take everything and could pick it up last night from my porch. So I got rid of 10 things, almost immediately:
2 nursing tops
4 baby bibs
3 dog bowls
1 dog toy

I also remembered that there were two more things in what I gave to the rummage sale last week, but I can't remember what they are (not too much sentimental attachment there!). So I'll add those to this week's total.

Stuff out of my life this week: 13. Total stuff gone from my life so far: 83.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home