Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Saturday Seven - #29

The Two are Better than One Edition

Last week I got rid of one thing. This week, I doubled my effort. woohoo

Gone:
3 used Advent candles. It would've been 4, except I dropped one on the frozen ground and it shattered. We don't use taper candles except for at Advent, and then we use fresh ones each year. But I didn't want to throw them away. So I asked our Director of Christian Ed if she could use them, and she was happy to take them. There are all kinds of things that she and her volunteer teachers can use for crafts with kids - I have to remember this, so I can quit throwing out things like oatmeal containers. [there were 3 candles, but I didn't really think I should count this as 3 things]

And a caller ID thing, which I donated to our church rummage sale. I got it about 10 years ago, long before I owned a phone that would show the ID right on the phone. Yet I carted this thing to Michigan when I moved here six years ago, and then to our current house when we moved two years later. I decided it really didn't need to be taking up closet space one more minute.

I did try to sell something on craigslist again this week - a 27" color TV, excellent condition. I even got two nibbles, but the first guy never showed up to look at it and I haven't heard back from the other one. I'll try again next week. I was proud of myself just for trying - plus it forced us to clean up the bedroom some, since a stranger might be coming in there to look at the TV. We've had a TV in our bedroom ever since we married (since we both brought nice 27" TVs into the marriage), but we haven't used the one in our bedroom for the last two years, ever since we got rid of cable (sometimes we used to watch separate programs on the two TVs). I will be soooo glad to have the TV out of there.

Even though it was a meager week, I was pleased to get anything done at all. I was out of work sick until Thursday, with bronchitis and sinusitis, and then my uncle died that night and I have been on the phone and online for hours trying to work out the details of getting me down to North Carolina for the funeral. (I'm headed out in the morning.) Considering all the sickness and chaos, I supposed I was doing well to get rid of anything at all. I feel like I'm on the verge of doing a huge clean sweep of a lot of stuff. We'll see....

Meanwhile, I signed up for this:

Wardrobe Refashion '07. I'm so excited!!

Things gone this week: 2.
Things gone so far: 233.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Wow! With all of the life stuff going on, it's a wonder you managed to accomplish anything.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home