Monday, March 12, 2007

The Saturday Seven - #33

the "should we just call it the Monday Seven?" edition

Perhaps I should just quit making mention of my being late with these Saturday Sevens because I am so consistently late that it by now is probably unremarkable. This time, at least my excuse was partially due to an honest effort to simplify my life. Inspired by this project, I spontanteously shut my computer off midday on Friday (my day 0ff) and took a break from life as I usually live it. It was a fabulous afternoon and evening, filled with reading, resting, making stuff, and going out with my three guys. But then it meant I got behind on all my usual computer-related communications, including all blog-related activities. And I've stayed behind because yesterday was an unusually busy work day, and then today I was away from the computer most of the day.

So, without further ado, here's my blah little list of what I've gotten rid of:
- an alarm clock I haven't used in 4 years - church rummage sale
- an assortment of 6 different baby-related creams and potions - given away to two different mothers in my Parents of Multiples club

Even with such a mundane list, I still found reason to feel sentimental. One of the baby things was this wonderful little tub of locally-made, preciously packaged, organic "Whole Baby Salve," given to me by a dear friend when my babes were newborns. That friend died a year ago today. So she has been much in my thoughts, and I feel a little wistful giving away something she gave me. But it also feels good - like I'm passing a little piece of her on to someone else.

Total for this week: 7.
Total for this year: 265.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I do agree that a piece of her has been passed on - that's lovely! Good for you!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home