Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday #1 - my so-called linen closet

Tackle It Tuesday Meme



linen closet (after tackling)

So as I mentioned in my previous post, my "linen" closet (the one that had no linens in it) was bulging with a mess of medicines, herbs, vitamins, cleaning products, batteries, and other randomness. I freecycled 11 items this weekend, including several mostly unused bottles of supplements and some tubes of "beauty" products. I hadn't intended to completely overhaul the closet (or else I might've taken a "before" shot). But the next thing I knew, I was going at it. As is usually the case with this sort of thing, it took a lot less time than I expected.

top shelf - cleaning products - I only use a few but could probably cut even this in half and do just fine; we'll see
2nd shelf - medicines, bandaids, thermometers, etc.
3rd shelf - medicines, supplements, sunscreens, essential oils, etc.
4th shelf - linens! just a few, but the ones that are the biggest pain to go to the basement to get (the boys' towels and washcloths, the bathroom handtowels, the washcloths I use each night)
bottom level - empty in the picture, but I've now stacked the boys' favorite floor puzzles there. I'm not sure what will ultimately be stored there because I don't see this closet as being something the boys are going to have ready access to (don't need them getting into all those bottles, not to mention pulling all the linens down), and they really need to be able to get their puzzles out for themselves. But the space is so shallow, I really don't know what else should/could go there.

Doing this little shape-up made me feel so effective and efficient today. We'll see if I get any momentum from that....

4 Comments:

Blogger  My Trendy Tykes said...

Great tackle!

Linda

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! And it DOES feel good to get these things done, doesn't it?

5:26 PM  
Blogger Meegan @ The Harvey Circus said...

Awesome job!
Well done :)

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello~just found your blog by way of a few others, Love this idea of purging. Recently I lost a piece of luggage with some favorite pj's, a bible Husband gave me when we were dating...things I liked and needed. And yet I have found myself praying that I just let go of the stuff and remember that it is only stuff and that one day it'll all burn anyway.

5:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home