Monday, May 14, 2007

The Saturday Seven - #37

the blahblahblah edition

Blahblahblah. Life is busy. Blahblah. I'm late again. Blahblahblah. Way behind. Blahblahblah. Getting rid of things is hard. Blahblahblah. Church rummage sale. Blahblahblah. On the verge of getting rid of big stuff. Blahblahblah. But for now it's the same old small stuff. Blahblahblah.

I suppose I'm getting tired of seeing myself type all the same old stuff. Indeed, I am very behind. I missed last week entirely. The spring church rummage sale happened late last month, which means my automatic drop-off spot is in limbo until the church women do an after-sale clean-up (in a couple of weeks, I think). I am working hard, HARD, to get this house in some sort of shape (quite a feat given that it appears to be falling down around us). Over the weekend, I made major steps towards completing the transition of the boys' room from nursery to child's room. This included moving some furniture in from my study. Which means there are things in my study that currently have no home. I have big plans for re-doing my study into a study/studio (for sewing, quilting, and general making) [see SouleMama for HUGE inspiration]. And big plans for making our oddly-shaped, multi-purpose living room/dining area/entryway more functional. Our bedroom is in ever-present need of decluttering (as you may recall from my unsightly bedroom dresser). And our basement (with its buckling walls) and sunroom (with its sinking foundation) are also in need of more attention than I will ever be able to give them.

All of this is to say that I have been doing lots of work, and lots of confronting of the unsustainability of our house and its contents, and lots of planning for reducing. Just not a lot of actual getting rid of.

My measly Saturday Seven this week: 5 books. 2 childproofing items (unused; one unopened). And a small stuffed animal. These will all go to the church rummage sale. Which means they will be stored in my office at church until the post-sale clean-up is done and new donations can be accepted.

My office at church? It's a disaster all its own....

Total this week: 8.
Total so far: 350.

2 Comments:

Blogger MsAmpuTeeHee said...

8 is more than 0.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I agree and was going to write that too! Eight is better than nothing. And you know what, sometimes life gets in the way of our best intentions!!
Hang in there and I think you are doing a GREAT job!!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home