Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Saturday Seven - #34

the really big sale edition

Yesterday was my Parents of Multiples club spring Clothing and Toy Sale. I sold one of these:


(high chair, not baby)


and one of these


and this
(dresser, not baby)

So you can imagine my tears. Since I sold the other crib and the changing table at our fall clothing sale, what this means is that the only piece of furniture left in my boys room that was part of their original nursery is their bookcase. Waaah.

I sold a good bit of other stuff, too, but won't know the tally until I receive my check and my tags (from the items I sold) in a week or two. I know it was more than seven. In fact, less of my stuff was left over than in any previous sale. I attribute this to two things: I didn't knock myself out this time trying to sell too many things - 1) I limited myself to one big tub of spring/summer stuff, plus a small box of toys, and then a few big things (the highchair, crib, crib mattress, dresser, baby gate - which didn't sell, and carseat - which didn't sell). 2) I priced to sell. This meant most every piece of clothing was marked for $1.50 or less. I got $40 for the highchair, $55 for the crib plus mattress, and $10 for the dresser.

I feel like I am making slow, steady progress - both with getting rid of stuff and with my emotional struggle with my stuff. I am feeling a new energy around the issues involved, and I am pleasantly surprised. It is still hard and sad to say goodbye to certain things, especially baby stuff, and especially baby furniture. But I am also enjoying a new sense of feeling a little bit of release and relief. I am feeling more capable of letting go - and even of not taking new stuff in. Even though I have only been taking the smallest baby steps, I suddenly feel like I am making big progress....

4 Comments:

Blogger will smama said...

Welcome to revgals... and thank you for clarifying "not the baby" :)

7:46 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

welcome to revgals again- how old are your twins- mine are now 18... you do survive....
you've challenged me re- stuff- I need to trim down

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to rev gals

- like your motto and commitment to keeping life simple ... we can all learn from you I think ... :)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had that same diaper cover in the second pic for my boy twin - gorgeous, delicious!

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home